Monday, August 25, 2014

And we are off!

August 20th 2014

So my first post is on my first day of pre-season. For those curious I am doing the 12 Week Body Transformation with Michelle Bridges. 12 weeks of healthy eating and moving to improve my health and my weight.

I have ummed and arred a lot about just how honest I want to be. I don’t share my weight with others because I am so ashamed by it but for the sake of accountability to myself I am going to. I need to keep my poor health at the front of my mind so I don’t brush it off and pretend like nothing is wrong with me, because it is. So this morning I weighed in at 172 kg. The heaviest I have ever been. I did not even weight close to this much while pregnant. In fact with my second pregnancy I maxed out at 126kg.

I started today with breakfast, not a common thing for me but an important change I am making. I had one egg scrambled on bread with a cup of tea (no sugar). After this I then lasted 20 min of walking on my treadmill. This left me feeling like crap. My head hurt and my legs ached, but I did it.
Im about to have lunch now which is an a delicious red lentil dahl I made in my thermomix. I left out coconut milk and used stock instead and am cutting back on the salt, trying lemon juice for added flavour instead. I will end my first post on my first day with a teaser pic of the dahl……it tastes as good as it looks :)

Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment